Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Pop outs in the console

The console is not very multi-monitor friendly. There are many times where I have to keep switching between the monitoring tab and one of the other tabs to troubleshoot problems. It would be nice if we could pop out certain parts of the console into new windows. It would be nice if we could do this to every node, but just doing it to the five tabs (Tools also) would be great. I wouldn't have to have so many copies of the console open to get the job done.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ryan Ephgrave shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Noted  · 

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also open multiple instances because I have a complex search open in one instance. I know I can save these, but that's not the same. When I search again the results may have changed and sometimes I want to finish with the set I have found the first time. Typical during troubleshooting.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be wonderful to have. I often have to RDP into the server to launch the console, and then launch the console on my machine as well.

• Cristopher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great suggestion. It's certainly a little clunky and non-intuitive to have to open multiple instances of the same console.

Feedback and Knowledge Base