Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Allow Automatic Deployment Rules to create a new package each time it runs

Allow an ADR to create a new deployment package each time it runs to prevent packages from becoming too large.

55 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Michael McGuire shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Baur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am kind of surprised that an ADR would not remove unnecessary patches once not needed every time it runs. It make sense that it would remove packages on each re-run if not required. Is this a fact? If so, we will be forced to stop using it, makes it a Bear that just keeps getting fatter. Not Sustainable.

• Tyler Ng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. it should be similar to the way windows 10 servicing creates the SUG.

• Benno Rummens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since we have cumulative update the update packages are growing exponentially. If a Software Update package gets to big the client is having issues downloading the update from the package. I would like to create a Software Update Package each time an Automatic Deployment Rule runs just the same as we create a new Software Update Group.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, with the larger than ever cumulative MS updates, admins will shift more and more towards monthly SUS packages. Would be great if ADR would incorporate an automatic package creation (with month prefix or some way to manage the names)

• Steve Nowowiejski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this too.

This could come in handy for packages that have expired updates. If the package deployment is 100%, you can just deleted the package altogether, instead of just removing the expired updates.

Feedback and Knowledge Base