Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

OS Deployment completion screen

Sometimes a task sequence can fail without the technican noticing the reboot countdown, so they just see a login screen and assume everything is okay. How about a "OS Deployment Failed/Succeeded" splash screen at completion? MDT (UDI) has a completion screen, although it doesn't show on error. Still - something like that.

76 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jeremy Herbison shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Noted  ·  sangeev responded  · 

Updated by bobmn for sangeev/OSD

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

definitely...even a summary screen of what was installed and what failed in a tick box fashion according to what was in the Task sequence ie:

os installed Y
    drivers installed Y
    Adobe installed N
    Office 2013 Installed Y

you get the picture

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree
    We deploy success and failure logs to a network share - if no success log - check for fail if neither suspect still in limbo hence fail

• Koenraad Rens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple popup Task Sequence Step would give flexibility.
    I'm currently using a Restart Step to give the messsage, but it times out after 9999 seconds.
    (Or don't count down when I enter 9999 seconds :-))

Even better would be a popup with a Yes/No or OK/Cancel option and a TaskSequence variable that contains the choice.

• Jeroen Bakker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Ran into the same issue and created a custom solution.
    I set this as first step after booting to the OS and remove it as last step in the TS.

I do thisby copying a customized backgrounddefault.jpg into %windir%\system32\oobe\info\backgrounds (or sysnative) and setting a reg key to use it as logon screen.
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background, dword: OEMBackground with value 00000001

Feedback and Knowledge Base