Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Decouple Detection and Remediation types

When creating Configuration Items, it would be nice if we could combine different detection and remediation types. For example, combining a Registry detection rule that would remediate with a PowerShell script.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris Muster shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Noted  · 

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris Muster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's exactly what I want, an option for specifying a script remediation for any detection type. I don't particularly like using a separate remediation script as it's more difficult to see which remediation script is related to a particular CI. I can use the application model to solve this as well (the app model is good at running scripts based on registry / file system rules), but I want my compliance related things (both detection and remediation) consolidated inside of the compliance settings area.

• Mark Godfrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can already do this now by creating a collection linked to the compliant/non-compliant devices and deploying your script to that.
        Are you wanting somethink like a pane in the auto-remediate area to just spit your script text in it?

Feedback and Knowledge Base