Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

add a powershell possibility to add requirements to a deploymenttype of an application

At the moment it is not easy to add requirements to an application deploymenttype with PowerShell. I think many of us would benefit if this would be simplified.

123 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Robin Verbeek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seconding the request for some way to actually make use of -addRequirement - this was stated as "this is the type of improvement we have in our backlog to make in the future." in 2015... 3 years ago, and yet apparently doesn't exist yet?

• Nik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Adam,

Struggling with the -AddRequirement to the deplyoment type and we need it for a large project for automated creation of applications.

Why is there no easy way to add requirements to the deployment types via PowerShell and when will this be fixed? I see the initial post is from 2 years ago.

Regards,

• Tony Morrow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enhanced Detection Rules and Requirements are two different things. For example, we use a requirement to ensure the ActiveX version of Adobe Flash player is not installed on computers running Windows 8.1+ because the install will fail. Currently I do not see an easy way to define a "requirement" for a deployment type. The "Add-CM***DeploymentType CMDlet has a parameter called "-AddRequirement", but it requires a "Microsoft.SystemManagementServer.DesiredConfigurationManagement.Rules.Rule[]" object and I don't see a cmdlet to create that type of object.

Raphael Perez from http://www.thedesktopteam.com created a powershell cmdlet in 2015 to define a requirement and add it to a deployment type, but it would be really helpful to define requirement objects and feed them to the deploymenttype cmdlets, similar to the cmdlets for creating detection rules and dependencies.

Raphael's script:
    https://thedesktopteam.com/raphael/sccm-2012-add-cmdeploymenttypeglobalcondition/
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Add-a-Requirement-to-an-ce60681f

• Eden Lincoln Ferreira de Oliveira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi All,

Since I use "UDA" for all my applications, there are two options I would need to add to the application creation process, however I cant figure out which Cmdlets I would need to add to my script.
    I am running ConfigMgr 1610 + powershell 5.0 and SRV 2012 R2
    1) On the Application properties
    Add a requirement Type:
    Category: User
    Condition: Primary Device
    Rule Type: Value
    Operator: Equals
    Value: True

2) Deployment Setting
    Check off the Option: Pre-Deploy software to the user's primary device

Thank you for your help in advance

Eden

• PFurches commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 to Robin Verbeek's request. MS documentation is severally lacking on this subject and most people posting work around are using WMI which defeats the purpose of using PS Cmdlets IMO.

• Jonathan Walz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see cmdlets for adding enhanced detection methods to existing deployment types.

New-CMRegistryEDMRule
    New-CMFileEDMRule

for example

• Raphael Perez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when creating a deployment type, the detection method only gives you option for MSI Product code or Script based.

it would be great if the cmdlets also gives you the ability for file system as well as registry, like the UI does

• Today there is limited support for adding requirements to an application. You can use the DCM SDK to create requirement rules and then add them using -AddRequirements in Add-CMDeploymentType/Set-CMDeploymentType.

I realize this is not as simple as just having a generic New-CMRequirementRule type cmdlet and this is the type of improvement we have in our backlog to make in the future.

Thanks for your feedback on this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base