Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Internet Based Remote Control

Internet based remote control with options such as file transfer and reboot. This could be accomplished using a reverse connection from a client to a new site role hosted in the DMZ.

393 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jarrod BeebeJarrod Beebe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Noted  · 

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BramBram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very handy and should be easier now to implement using the Quick Assist technology.

• Kevin KaminskiKevin Kaminski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DirectAccess is indeed a way of doing it, but the push I am getting is something that is more simple to set up.

• Oliver KieselbachOliver Kieselbach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows 10 brings the tool Quick Assist. There is a RDP Broker in the backend (Internet) which handles the connection setup between two parties. So maybe SCCM could utilize the internet based RDP broker to support internet clients... at least for Windows 10. It would be a lot easier than a complete DA setup...

• Brian BooherBrian Booher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been wanting the same thing to help make support for our home users easier. SCCM can already do internet clients, so this should be an easy feature to add in. Have it use a user selected port for Internet Based Remote Control and this would make support easier for many people.

• Jarrod BeebeJarrod Beebe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was originally going to state that Direct Access is not an option for the use case I had in mind. There are security requirements that prohibit its use within my organization. The other benefit to having it native within Remote Control is to reduce the level of complexity in an environment by not needing to set up a separate solution such as DA. In our case, we have multiple organizations that have separate domains/forests which adds an additional layer of complexity for DA. The preferred solution would be all self contained in the SCCM Remote Control.

• Steve WhitcherSteve Whitcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not trying to knock this idea at all, but wanted to mention that this can be accomplished using DirectAccess. If you don't want or need the users to have corporate connectivity remotely, DA can be configured for Manage-Out only, so that you have full management access without giving them access to corporate resources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base