Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Allow all applications packages and TS deployments to be in the Application Catalog and or Software center

Allow us to choose where to publish applications for the users. Alot of applications are still installed in Task sequences and it would be great to be able to deploy these and present them in the application catalog.

The users are getting confused when some applications are in software center and some in application catalog. Please let us have a one stop shop for this.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Joakim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Noted  · 

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rick Gates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have found a work around to achieve this. 1) Create a deployment for your task sequence to make the TS available to all computers, but available in far future 1/1/2030, so now the computers see it, but users do not see it in Software center. 2) You create a classic package to run a Powershell script available in catalog to all or specific users. 3) The users run the powershell script that tweaks the advertisement to run the task sequence deployment from 1/1/2030 to now. Here are the details.
    http://ephingadmin.com/run-a-task-sequence-in-the-app-catalog/

• Robby Moeyaert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By extension, just allow TS to be deployed to user collections. I love "user-centric" stuff, but I hate that I can only send applications user-centric. TS are insanely powerful tools, but I'm forced to do it machine-based.

Feedback and Knowledge Base