Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Update the Conole UI to save my changes to the column views

Every time you add additional columns to display in the views it is lost when you close/reopen the console.

90 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
KEJP shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • U2 Pas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also in i.e. Monitoring - Deployments - TS Details, the column and window sizes are allways reset, very annoying

• NoNameGiven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the console updates, all custom view settings get removed. Each user that launches the console needs to have their own custom view settings saved in some kind of config file that is part of their profile.

• deployboy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also it would be good to add the ability to save the columns, sizing and ribbon states, so the console remembers what columns you want, whether the ribbons are hidden or not, and if the navigation tab is visible, how big it is.

• Thorsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see, that my column selection survives closing and re-opening the console.

However, there is still a bug: When the console is opened on the server, and I disconnect and reconnect (RDP) to it, the currently viewed object list is reset to default columns and sorted by the first column ("icon").

(Yes, I'll file it on the connect site.)

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should apply to columns you remove as well. I see this in Software Update Groups, All Software Updates, Devices, Device Collections, and likely all others

• Lilian Xuan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the feedback. I think we have this in current console. If you are using SCCM which is not upgraded to SP2 or R2 SP1 yet, and after visit EP Node, the column views are gone when you relaunch console, then that's a bug which we fixed in SP2 and R2 SP1. Please let us know if you experience different repros and it will help us to address it if it has clear repro steps.

Usually, if you add a column on a node, then close/relaunch console, the added column should be there if you don't visit Monitoring/EP Status node.

Feedback and Knowledge Base