Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Make hyperlink on properties page take you to content status (was Admin Console UI fix)

When in the properties of an application, package etc on the summary tab there is a hyperlink to content status. It would be a very productive update to take you directly into the status of the object instead of dumping you into the root of content status and having to search for the application etc you were just in.

215 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Thanks for the feedback on this item. We agree, this is very frustrating, and would love to provide a change that makes this experience better. It's not quite as straight forward as one would think,, but nevertheless, we're still looking for ways to solve this.

Again, thanks for the feedback!

Mark

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the most annoying 'features' in SCCM in my view!! It just seems like lazy coding, that I have to *manually* search for the app/package etc.

• Vikram Midha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To check whether any content like Packages, Application or Software update Packages, has been distributed already in SUCCESS or Failed etc. Currently, if we click on the "View Status" Node for any content, it takes us to "Content Status" tab's main page, where we again have to put in the content Id (package, SoftwareupdatepackageID) to search for particular package status.
    It would be beneficial if clicking on "View Status" link should directly display the particular content's Distribution status under Content Status node.

• Rob Ostry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this if frustrating, it is as if the UI takes you half way to the status, and leaves you to do the rest yourself. Since you already know the object name/ID, please jump to and highlight that object, or filter down to that object--either would be a great time saver.

Feedback and Knowledge Base