Combine Resource Explorer and Properties
It would be very helpful if the Properties window of a device included all of the information in the Resource Explorer.
1. I almost never open the Properties view because it rarely contains the information I'm looking for. The Resource Explorer, on the other hand, has almost everything.
2. Having the Resource Explorer buried under a sub-menu makes it difficult to train and convince technicians to use it in their day-to-day workflow to find information and solve problems.
3. Since Resource Explorer is far more useful than Properties, it should be the easier of the two things to get to. Currently, Properties is a simple double-click while Resource Explorer is a right click, two mouse movements and one or two single clicks.
1. It could be a tab contained within Properties (while retaining a full version of Resource Explorer for when you need a larger window), or it could be a complete rework of the Properties GUI.
2. All information currently accessible still needs to be accessible.
3. Combined window still needs to be resizable like the Resource Explorer window.
4. Double-click on the device should open the combined window.
5. Lazy loading of data may be helpful if opening the embedded resource explorer hurts the responsiveness of the Properties window.
Alternative Suggestion: As an alternative, I'd be OK with having a console option that replaces Properties with the existing Resource Explorer as the double-click target. This may be more polarizing among the user base though as some users may prefer the quick access of the Properties window as the default target. If this alternative were implemented, it should allow the user to choose which view is their default.
Interesting idea. Modernizing and better integrating the Resource Explorer experience is something can consider for a future release.