Tasks sequence - 'Install applications' task with multiple apps should not report 'Succeeded' state message between apps
A device on which a tasks sequence is running should report as "Running" as long as the tasks sequence has not reached its end, and report accordingly under the deployment summary tab and SSRS reports.
Consider this scenario:
1. Create a tasks sequence
2. Add an 'Install Application' task, and chain a couple of applications in this task.
3. Add another different task following it -- i.e. a 'Restart computer' task.
4. Deploy this tasks sequence on a device.
5. In the ConfigMgr console, go to Monitoring > Deployment, and display the TS deployment
6. Frequently refresh this deployment summary during the TS execution
What can be observed is:
1. when the tasks sequence starts running, the device on which the TS has been initiated pops in the "Running" tab on the deployment summary;
2. then as soon as a first application from the 'Install Application' task successfully complete its installation, the device now appears under the "Success" tab of the deployment summary;
3. the devices stays under the "Success" tab as long as the chained apps from the 'Install Application' task complete successfully their installation;
4. then, after the 'Install Application' task is completed, the device switches back to the "Running" tab.
If a tech looked at the deployment summary int he console or at the SSRS report between app installations, he could erroneously think a device has completed the tasks sequence.