Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Support Phased Deployments in Automatic Deployment Rules

I think this is pretty straight-forward. If the Phased Deployment feature is to become a thing for software updates it needs to be supported as part of ADRs. If organizations are manually deploying updates then they're simply doing it wrong. If anyone thinks I'm transitioning from automated deployments to manual phased deployments they vastly underestimate my laziness.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
bdam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matthew Gailer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It makes very little sense to me that Phased Deployments don't work with Automatic Deployment Rules. I work as a consultant and deal with clients who just don't update machines cause they don't understand ADR's. We implement ADRs for them to ensure their fleet is kept up to date and secure. We've always utilised a Test, Pilot and Production rollout model. Phased Deployments would add another level of control to this to help monitor and drive greater update success. Please consider adding this functionality to the product.

• CBO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the ability to do this in ADR or, at least, using a Template. Would be great to not have to re-do that PD every months, with the same parameters/collections.

Feedback and Knowledge Base