Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Right-Click a single device or collection and Install Application/Package without additional configurations

The ability to right-click a single device, or a device collection and select an option saying "Install Application or Package". This would then allow you to deploy an application or package without having to use a collection, especially if just for one device. It would also allow you to deploy the application or package without needing to build out a deployment for that application. It will just install the selected application or package without any additional configurations needed.

How often do we need to deploy an application to just one machine that is outside of a collection, or deploy to just one machine for immediate testing without having to build a test collection, then add the software to that collection, then run the application requests, wait for it to show up and then deploy. This would speed that up substantially.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
RobbC shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Carsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would venture a guess that this wouldn't test the deployment scenario completely.
    I guess it only will work when the server sees the clients as online. And I often see that a client is actually online, but the console says it is offline.
    Immediate tasks don't run when clients is thought to be offline.

Feedback and Knowledge Base