Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Remove the need for App Catalog, by providing all functionality in Software Center

Currently, some functionality is only available in the application catalog, and not in software center. Make it so everything can be done in software center, so we can remove application catalog... and Silverlight... and local site security configurations.

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Admindjam (Product Director, or Executive, System Center Configuration Manager) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DailyLlama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not everyone uses the "new" software centre, so it would be nice to be able to view the Application Catalog in Edge, or other browsers

• Andy D'Hollander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any Progress on this? Getting this "why does this only work in IE?" question almost once every week now :-)

• Vidar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree... and with no Silverlight support in Microsoft Edge, it's even more important to get rid of Silverlight.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! An Application Catalog based on HTML5 would be awesome. Silverlight is dying, that's just the way it is.

• Justin King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get rid of Silverlight from the Application Catalog. We can all say it's Google's fault but the bottom line is the #1 browser now doesn't render the application catalog properly by default. This is pretty annoying.

While we're at it ... let's clean up the same/single sign-in experience as well. Having to have the website in the trusted zone and only the short NetBIOS name work for same sign-on ... it's clunky. I know I can set GPOs to add the FQDN and do other things as well ... but the bottom line is it's a lot of "special things" for something that should be seamless. SAML anyone?

Feedback and Knowledge Base