Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Add additional information on CMG Monitoring

The CMG dashboard needs to be developed further to see which clients are using it and what content they have downloaded. In addition, we should be able to see how much we are being charged for this to enable us make a decision on whether we add additional content or prevent further download of content already in the CMG

Dashboard is a screenshot, not enough and shouldn't be considered 'Monitoring'. I know this is a new concept but i believe as this becomes more widely used, there will be a greater demand for this

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tom Derden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed CMG/CDP usage reporting enhancements needed. This metric information in a dashboard allows an Enterprise to see benefits of their implementation of a CMG/CDP. As well, potentially helps to substantiate the cost of the service and any specific usage charges where applicable.

• Richard Chesterton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel like this is almost essential. Management wants to be able to see the benefits of our investment in CMG/CDP and how our security position/compliance is improved by allowing clients to fall back to Microsoft for updates when not connected to the corporate network

• Russ Rimmerman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great selling point to upper mgmt. to show what clients have downloaded and applied updates while connected to CMG/CDP vs intranet indeed!

Feedback and Knowledge Base