Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Allow custom icons in software center for Task Sequences

Split this item from a bigger umbrella item.
This is to specify an icon per App Task Sequence in the Software Center.

1,580 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Admindjam (Admin, System Center Configuration Manager) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

89 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tra Lawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to customize the icon for packages and task sequences.

• Joshua Fischer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be fantastic to be able to change the text on the button to be something other than install, uninstall, or reinstall. JSS/JAMF/Casper has had this functionality forever. Make it happen!

• Chris Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Software Center looks terrible. We should be able to change the icon for Packages and TS just like Applications. Please add this. Also the ability to add company logo to Software Center would be nice.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding icons to applications was a game changer, it lifted moods, made the sun shine and suddenly life was a little better. You need to add this to packages and Task sequences and push us all into that bright new tomorrow.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add me to this list please. It seems very backward to only allow this for Applications

Hello
    Would it be possible to add the software icon when we create a program, so the icons are visible in software center? I notice I can do it when creating applications, but not on programs.

If the icons could be smaller, more entries could fit in the list. The icons are huge compared with the accompanying text. I am continually having to maximize or scroll software center to see all the entries. I rarely had to do this with the previous "look".

• Craig Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we set the icon for new OS Deployments in Software Center to the same icon used in the console on the "Operating System Image" node?

Would look better than the generic looking one..

• Angie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a great need to add icons to packages!!! Add the feature pleassssseeeeeeee!!!!!

• Eric Hebert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Two options should be available. 1. Allow us to set the "default" icon so if we don't have an icon for a certain package, at least it gets something other than the current SCCM icon, i.e. a company icon. 2. Allow us to set the icon per package like we can with Applications.

Please add this feature. It would greatly help when deploying applications only through a Task Sequence. Much easier for customer to distinguish and select.

• Marcel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, End User experience becomes more important nowadays to not have this feature implemented.

Feedback and Knowledge Base