Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Allow custom icons in software center for Task Sequences

Split this item from a bigger umbrella item.
This is to specify an icon per App Task Sequence in the Software Center.

1,439 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Admindjam (Admin, System Center Configuration Manager) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

83 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add me to this list please. It seems very backward to only allow this for Applications

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello
        Would it be possible to add the software icon when we create a program, so the icons are visible in software center? I notice I can do it when creating applications, but not on programs.

If the icons could be smaller, more entries could fit in the list. The icons are huge compared with the accompanying text. I am continually having to maximize or scroll software center to see all the entries. I rarely had to do this with the previous "look".

• Craig Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we set the icon for new OS Deployments in Software Center to the same icon used in the console on the "Operating System Image" node?

Would look better than the generic looking one..

• Angie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a great need to add icons to packages!!! Add the feature pleassssseeeeeeee!!!!!

• Eric Hebert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Two options should be available. 1. Allow us to set the "default" icon so if we don't have an icon for a certain package, at least it gets something other than the current SCCM icon, i.e. a company icon. 2. Allow us to set the icon per package like we can with Applications.

Please add this feature. It would greatly help when deploying applications only through a Task Sequence. Much easier for customer to distinguish and select.

• Marcel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, End User experience becomes more important nowadays to not have this feature implemented.

• Michal Kala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really needed! In environment where we have strictly packages, or lot of packages from the past, it looks incomplete and amateur when there are no icons or only some.

• Bruce Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed packages need the ability to display a custom icon into software center for the end users

• Chris Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! Now that the Application Catalog is being combined with Software Center I have these nice big (but blurry and low res) app icons. But I still have to use packages as well and these have ugly default icons, the ability to change these icons would really make Software Center look great.

Feedback and Knowledge Base