Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Allow custom icons in software center for Task Sequences

Split this item from a bigger umbrella item.
This is to specify an icon per App Task Sequence in the Software Center.

1,210 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Admindjam (Admin, System Center Configuration Manager) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

72 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Henksterr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also like to be able to "Hide installed TS/Packages in Software Center" under Applications. Just as for Applications. Right now, they are always there, even if installed.

• Bruce Khalatbari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Take all my votes! We NEED custom icons for task sequences! I can live without icons on my legacy packages, but task sequences are not going anywhere anytime soon. We have literally resorted to making applications that start a task sequence via powershell.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I manage with JAMF (Self Service) and SCCM (Software Center) on the daily. Yike...come on Microsoft! You are getting destroyed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was just a going to make my own thing here requesting this. Mostly for Packages because deploying Adobe and AutoDesk having the ability to add an icon for end users would be a god send. Please make this a thing. or at least explain what is so complicated about not making it a thing.

• Sean Sheehy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes definitely needed. Users are unsure of what to click on, unless they read each one carefully.

• Andrew Reeves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been more than 2 years with almost 1,000 votes. What's the magic number we need to hit in order to make this happen?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely needed. We have some scripts that run to install important applications, and because of the way these install we have had little success with the application model. Packages seem much more consistent. The ONLY downside is that it's not easily distinguishable to end-users.

• Scott Chivington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, users are easily confused. Having fancy icons is actually very necessary, better overall user experience.

• David Westbrook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the education sector we are always dealing with poorly coded apps that need a variety of methods to install unattended; which leads us to use a combination of applications, packages and task sequences to roll out software.

The inability to add software center icons to packages and task sequences makes the app less intuitive to users, who wonder why some apps have icons and others don't. It creates doubt in there mind which although slight, is enough to make them feel unsure which spoils the user experience.

Adding the ability to add icons to packages and task sequences would be very useful for us; I'd also like the ability to put a more detailed packaged / TS description along with the deployment - but icons would be a great first step.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base