Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Allow custom icons in software center for Task Sequences

Split this item from a bigger umbrella item.
This is to specify an icon per App Task Sequence in the Software Center.

1,653 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Admindjam (Product Director, or Executive, System Center Configuration Manager) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

93 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps this one last request for customizable icons in Task Sequences and Packages for SCCM will result in action!

• Red Scot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From an end-users point of view this is a must. Software Center looks so bad when there is a mixture of nice application icons and the horrible grey box icons for packages. Even being able to change the default grey icon would be a step forward.

• M Wilfan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This dates back from 2016... not holding up much hope for it but would be a great addition

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add ability to use icons for packages! why is this not an option yet?

• Jesse Goldman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to add icons to all deployment instances in Software Center would really be helpful. We run SCCM alongside JAMF JSS and they have this ability. Mainly, I advertise "1st Aid" tools that users can run to cleanup their PC, re-add printers, etc. Ideally, I use a Red Cross-style icon so they can easily identify it, however this forces me to tailor even simple scripts and processes into the Application model, which can be very annoying and frustrating. Please make it so you can set custom icons for Packages and Task Sequences!

this will make software center look much better and make things easier to find, no matter how you deliver software/OS/tools/etc to users.

• Jason Gibson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this will make software center look much better and make things easier to find, no matter how you deliver software/OS/tools/etc to users.

Please add the ability to add icons for packages or task sequences in SCCM

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to add icons for packages in SCCM

• Bucko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All my packages look really unprofessional without an icon, and I shouldn't have to use the application model to use one. Please add custom icons to packages and task sequences!

• Adam Seitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow custom icons for icons so I can more easily tell my end users which ones to click on. Some of our students have vision issues and icons are a lot easier to describe to them.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base