Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Change color scheme in the SCCM console

When working with multiple customers and/or in migration scenarios (and also in lab- technical preview environments) it would be great to be able change the color scheme in the ConfigMgr console to clarify which environment the console belongs to.

195 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Henrik Antin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add dark mode as an alternative to the default color scheme the console has had for some time now.

• Roberto Gramellini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Though simply cosmetic stuff, with the diffusion of large screen the ConfigMgr Console is definitively very whitish and it is a cause of eyesight fatigue at the end of the working day.

Like many other products, such as Office, Visual Studio where we provide different color schemes to help to relax eyesight, I would suggest to include dark themes into ConfiMgr console as well.

• Ryan Hathaway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please create a dark/night mode view for the console. The bright white can be pretty rough on the eyes at times.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even the skin needs an uplift - if we are going W10, then a lo-fi skin will look cool and less CPU hogging. No more skeuomorphic design but flat icons please :)

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A dark theme alignment with the Win 10 dark theme would be perfect.

• David Stein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice idea! I'd like to see theme support throughout all apps on Windows, but it's obviously per-app.

• kevin willis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

absolutely!!! that would be great. I don't know how many times I've answered the phone or email exchanges only to get back to the console thinking I'm on a site that I am not..

• M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like the ability to change the color/theme/skin of the Console in order to differentiate when working in Test/Dev/Different User consoles.

Feedback and Knowledge Base