Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Use SCCM to remote control multiple monitors

When using SCCM to remote control multiple monitors; allow the ability to select only one monitor to be remote controlled; vs. the option now of only stretching.

1,592 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Admindjam (Product Director, or Executive, System Center Configuration Manager) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

82 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for multiple monitors
    +1 for reworking scaling issues

The native remote control within Windows allows for so much more control over the session. I can't image it'd be difficult to incorporate some of the more desired features into CMRV.

Please add this!

• Ryan Plume commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple connections to a single workstations would be highly desired in our organization.

• James Holder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remotely viewing end user systems with the SCCM is useless without the option to swap between active screens. You end up scrolling all around the monitors and cant even get the cursor to line up correctly. It is an infuriating experience that needs to be addressed.

• Rob Czymoch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple screens is standard today. Other management products allow you to select the active screen. Without this feature there is no point in even using SCCM to provide remote viewing support to a user. I would say this is an absolute requirement not optional.

• MR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a central log to record remote control connection activity (mainly interested in tracking who connected to what PC and when). There is a central log if you remote from the SCCM console... but not if the user just runs the CmRcViewer.exe directly ?. Thanks

• Andrew Schwalbe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is incredibly frustrating and makes remote support nearly impossible. The scaling issues with Surface Pro4s and newer laptops make it even more difficult.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our testing indicates that when the remote device has multiple screens with different scaling such as Surface Pro 4 with 200% scaling and a 1080p screen at 100% scaling, the cursor does not align with the location on the remote device. Proper multi-monitor support is definitely required.

• Derek Badge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh yes please.... windows shortcuts!!! Drives me absolutely nuts not being able to use windows key + combo. All of the above items are on my wishlist though.

• dgr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have too.

Remote Control works ridiculously bad with 3 displays - not only is it hard to see but clicks land in the wrong place too.

Too bad I'm out of votes :(.

• Henrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

to have this feature would be nice.
    I work with many Computers with two or three Displays

• Brian Purdy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of having the ability to toggle between the remote screens. I also think that if the viewer PC has multiple monitors, it would be an improvement to have the option to view one remote screen on each monitor.

• Fredrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have similar needs from our service desk. We started using SCCM remote control one year ago as it does use very little bandwidth and fully integrated solution with SCCM.
    But the multi-monitor support is causing alot of pain for them and they want to go back to the old tool we used.
    The feature they need to have useful multi-monitor support is ability to select screen to view (monitor 1 or 2 or 3) or view everything like current version have.

• Wesley Droogenbroot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the end user has multiple monitors, the view is scaled. This is really frustrating sometimes: you have the choice between a blurry view or scrolling a lot...

Sure it's possible to detect multiple monitors and being able to switch between them with buttons (like Team Viewer) would be awesome!

• JS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me I need the function that a help desk person can view an end-user's computer that has multiple Monitors.

• David Randall - ConfigMgr Product Group commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Point of clarification: Is the request for multi-mon to support a help desk person who can view the session across multiple monitors, or that a help desk person can view an end-user's computer that has multiple monitors?

Feedback and Knowledge Base