Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Use SCCM to remote control multiple monitors

When using SCCM to remote control multiple monitors; allow the ability to select only one monitor to be remote controlled; vs. the option now of only stretching.

1,529 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Admindjam (Admin, System Center Configuration Manager) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

74 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will not use this program because of lack of features. Copy/Paste doesn't work, monitor issues, keyboard defaults to non-remoted PC when hitting windows key and things of the sort. What a half-baked application

• chudlet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah what a pain in the butt. "Scale to Fit" pulls all the monitors into an unusable mess otherwise RC can't handle the resolution of the remote and you are having to scroll all over the place on a single screen much less 2 or 3. Almost every other remote control app I have used handles this better. Common MS, please address this sooner rather than later.

• Spencer Blackman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As others have pointed out, earlier this year this was "implemented" and supposed to be in the 1803 update. Well we pushed the update and we were very disappointed when we realized nothing had been changed. I hope this is actually getting worked on this time.

This has been open for 3 years now! No update no nothing. Such a basic request. We have no users with a single monitor and I have to spend half the time scrolling around when I connect to a users PC for support. Makes me look like a moron asking a user where something is. Fix it already!

no se por que tengo esto a distancia si mi antena wuifi esta instalada en mi casa pero se agrego un jakeo con una antena inalambrica donde todos los desarrolladores que estan en esta pc me jaquearon todos hasta mis cuentas web por la razon que uno de ellos entro a mi pc robo mi ip y mis direcciones web , antena claves y equipos de celulares de toda la familia yo ya no se que hacer ya que hasta el url , copia de seguridad , y derechos del autor estan en su poder y yo no puedo hacer nada , mi pc esta a punto de reventarce de tantas cuentas que tengo y aplicaciones que dañan mi equipo espero soluciones atte monica beatriz ferreyra

• Xavier Stark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a long missed feature. And since you already have the codebase open, please add some form of logging, last 30 connections or so..

Please Add multiple monitor remote. That would save us as a company alot of money.

• Nick Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this MS? We are currently tossing around a few remote control options and would like to use something we already pay for if you can get it working properly.

• Tom Stack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current situation handles multiple monitors very poorly but as more of our standard users get multiple monitors even if its on the laptop then an external from the dock this is becoming a larger and larger issue.

• steve burrows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make use of the remote viewer far easier to use. It is rare for users not to have more than one monitor nowadays and it is too easy to amend the users screens whilst simply trying to view the correct monitor.

• Aaron Flaugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey DJAM. I am running 1802 in production. There is no real improvement in this feature. I like Silas Sulser suggestion of allowing the technician to be able to select which monitor they want to view on the clients side.

• Silas Sulser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've installed 1802 and our Remote Control Viewer has version 5.00.8540.1001, is that the latest version, right? I cannot confirm any improvement compared to older versions. Please add the ability to select one specific screen and your problem is solved! This app really frustrates us every single day. It is just unusable. We are in 2018 and this tool still looks like it comes from 1995! Please, please please, do some major improvements of this tool and a lot of your customers are happy again!

• jaghaddeesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Appreciate if you could implement this Option in a separate HKLM registry hive, every options in SCCM remote tool using same registry Hive HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ConfigMgr10\Remote Control

with 1802 don't see any change from before. Still no means to select a single monitor. Please add this to the next patch, 1803. Else it makes no sense to get off of 3rd party connection software like Dameware.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base