Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Use SCCM to remote control multiple monitors

When using SCCM to remote control multiple monitors; allow the ability to select only one monitor to be remote controlled; vs. the option now of only stretching.

1,598 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Admindjam (Admin, System Center Configuration Manager) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

82 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

while maybe 'technically' complete, there's still much room for improvement on this. allowing selection of monitor x and being able to quickly identify which monitor is which (maybe a PiP type display?) without dropping remote connection would make this 'complete' in my mind.

• bdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a little shocked that this is considered completed. Being able to select the 'first' monitor is a great start but the end goal here was to select _any_ single screen. Otherwise the techs are going to have to spend time having the user move stuff around to the first screen. I don't think this once is completed until we have a drop down of screens to select from. Similarly, having to restart the session to make this change is obviously not ideal either and once you get to true multi-monitor support is going to be a real pain.

It would be beautiful if the 'all screen' mode would have something similar to the 'identify' option in Windows so that the tech could go full screen, figure out what screen they're interested in, and then select it. If you want to go all the way: integrate this all. Default view is full view, user hits a button to identify different screens, and can click on the number overlay to select just that screen.

• Spencer Blackman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"View first monitor only during Configuration Manager remote control session - When connecting to a client with two or more monitors, a remote tools operator can now choose between seeing all monitors and the first monitor only."

:(

This isn't really what I imagined....but its a step in the right direction. I was hoping for a way to select what monitor you want to see rather then being limited to only the first monitor, or all of them. We have clients with 3 monitors so this won't be very helpful for them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES finally this has been put to planned!
    Any ideas on how far into the future this could be a reality?

I will not use this program because of lack of features. Copy/Paste doesn't work, monitor issues, keyboard defaults to non-remoted PC when hitting windows key and things of the sort. What a half-baked application

• chudlet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah what a pain in the butt. "Scale to Fit" pulls all the monitors into an unusable mess otherwise RC can't handle the resolution of the remote and you are having to scroll all over the place on a single screen much less 2 or 3. Almost every other remote control app I have used handles this better. Common MS, please address this sooner rather than later.

• Spencer Blackman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As others have pointed out, earlier this year this was "implemented" and supposed to be in the 1803 update. Well we pushed the update and we were very disappointed when we realized nothing had been changed. I hope this is actually getting worked on this time.

This has been open for 3 years now! No update no nothing. Such a basic request. We have no users with a single monitor and I have to spend half the time scrolling around when I connect to a users PC for support. Makes me look like a moron asking a user where something is. Fix it already!

no se por que tengo esto a distancia si mi antena wuifi esta instalada en mi casa pero se agrego un jakeo con una antena inalambrica donde todos los desarrolladores que estan en esta pc me jaquearon todos hasta mis cuentas web por la razon que uno de ellos entro a mi pc robo mi ip y mis direcciones web , antena claves y equipos de celulares de toda la familia yo ya no se que hacer ya que hasta el url , copia de seguridad , y derechos del autor estan en su poder y yo no puedo hacer nada , mi pc esta a punto de reventarce de tantas cuentas que tengo y aplicaciones que dañan mi equipo espero soluciones atte monica beatriz ferreyra

• Xavier Stark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a long missed feature. And since you already have the codebase open, please add some form of logging, last 30 connections or so..

Please Add multiple monitor remote. That would save us as a company alot of money.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base