Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Bug: Folders for Software Updates are not independent for Windows 10 Servicing and Office 365

Consider the following user story on 1802:

I decided to organize all my software updates that are synchronized in my hierarchy by creating folders such as YYYY-MM. After performing move operations on these updates that were released within this format I noticed that the folders are duplicated underneath the 'Windows 10 Servicing" node and Office 365 Updates node. When I browse for the updates in the folders I created under "All Software Updates" my updates visible as expected; however these folders are triplicated down the side of the console and are all empty in other nodes.

From the All Software Updates Pane, create a folder and name it something numeric like YYYY-MM. Next from the All Software Updates area; search for an amount of updates you choose to move to this folder that are released within this year/month format.

Next, when you expand the Windows 10 Serviing Node and Office 365 Client Management > Office 365 Updates > You will notice that the folders are triplicated; yet empty within the Office 365 Client Management and Windows 10 Servicing Area.

Please allow these nodes to have independent folder structures. My intent was to create new folders under these two other areas; that had their own names and own orgnization structure.

For example:

in Office I was going to create a folder called Semi-Annual Channel and another called Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted) and organize the updates... but I am impacted by having a whole list of other empty folders to contend with.

I've attached some pictures.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Steven shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)