Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

The 1802 installer is completely broken when attempting to install against an SQL HA configuration with a listener. The installer

The 1802 installer is broken / bugged when attempting to install fresh to a SQL HA configuration with a listener. The installer will not resolve or parse a named instance into the SQL string even if the pre-req checks are passed. We've tested against 1702 and this works perfectly, so at the moment we are unable to deploy 1802 to our environment at all, because of this bug. This is pretty disappointing as it means we've spent 3 days attempting to work out why this product will not install and has left our new environment without an SCCM platform. Not sure where we go from here unless we rebuild our entire SQL platform to use the default instance, which we should not need to do. Can someone please help?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Paul M shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paul M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Bob,

We certainly had the logs at the time but given the servers have been rebuilt from the OS up I'm fairly sure we won't have them now.

If I get the chance this weekend I'll recreate the install scenario in my home lab and see what I can do. It may take a little while to stand up the backend though.

Cheers for being so responsive.
    Paul

• Paul M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Bob. I really appreciate the offer but unfortunately due to time constraints we had to bite the bullet and completely rebuild our multinode HA SQL platform to default instance to get around this.

What I can say is the 1702 installer was faultless against our named instance config and the 1802 install refused to see the named instance completely.

We ran them one after the other and viewed the logs in real time via cmtrace.

Feedback and Knowledge Base