Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Management Insights: Show Microsoft Products detected in your environment that are not enabled on the SUP

Managing your SUP can be challenging in large environments where other teams may be implementing new Microsoft products and forgetting to notify the SCCM Admin that it might be a good idea to patch the product.
With Management Insights now available in the Console it would be nice to show insights in what Microsoft products are detected in your environment as being installed, but are not enabled on the SUP hence creating a potential security risk.

78 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andy D'Hollander shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • bdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No votes but sign me up for this one. If the team is looking to use the power of the cloud to give you insights into your environment this seems like a no-brainer to me.

• Gary C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea Andy. I have been searching for a way to achieve this by other methods, but had no luck.

• Andy D'Hollander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same could also be used to keep your SUP settings clean, by showing the opposite information: Products that are no longer active in your environment but are still enabled on the SUP.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent, this is an good idea to avoid the risks in security. I would recommend to MS to look in to this for better results in production environments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base