Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Multiple deployment types, allow easier configuration to define requirements. Target to Collection.

When you have an application with multiple deployment types you have the option to configure and deploy in two ways. Either work through and configure complex requirements to control which deployment type is installed on a device or create multiple application. This second can end up taking considerable space on a client if each deployment is a couple of GB’s and the device required multiple configurations.

As an example: In the case of deploying multiple configurations of Office, (we have 36 different install configurations) it would be good to be able to easily configure a deployment types to a collection. I have not seen a way to do this currently as the requirements are run on the device for evaluation.
If the deployment type could have a check for valid deployment via a collection or some other group identifier before sending to the client it would allow for more control of a more complex application.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ken shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lenny Poppenhagen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also looking for a way to deploy an application that has multiple deployment types to multiple collections without requirements. Currently I need to reimport the entire application and redistribute it to multiple distribution points just to install the same product with a different flag. It would be great if SCCM could be configured to simply Right Click on a Deployment Type and select Deploy to a specific collection.

Feedback and Knowledge Base