Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

ConfigMgr Web Console

Introduce ConfigMgr Web Console and remove the need to update the console on every device with each SCCM CB Upgrade as local admin rights are needed to update the console.

The ConfigMgr Web Console might be similar to Azure Portal with Microsoft Intune.

With SCCM CB updates getting released more frequently than before, this will provide benefits and ease of management. The Admins can connect to the ConfigMgr console from any computer in the organisation without the need to install it.

457 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rohit Sharma shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How'd you even do right click tools with an HTML5? It'd have to execute through the server...

• Mats commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really good idea.
        I would love to see this as a plugin to Honolulu.
        It must be made so that it can do multiple domain/multi tenannt scenarios. (NO INTUNE is NOT the answer)

• Boris K. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, especially since the current console is buggy and crashes frequently from my experience.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be happen with a modern app (appx etc) or some other method to self update without admin rights.

• Dave Cushing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this! We need web console that not only allows for what's in place now in the thick console but also has MDT integration and can be used to setup machines in MDT/SCCM for OSD bare metal. There are Help Desk/ Service Desk / Desktop Services folks that don't need full access into the SCCM console and only the ability to build machines and push applications. A web interface would give the ability to have things like this without having to train teams on SCCM and the console. I have found unleashing the console on people who have never used it before can be a large learning curve.

The Cireson web portal was mentioned below. So yes there are products out there BUT I did PoC the product and it is limited.

Hopefully the ConFig Mgr team is open to this approach.

• WB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All modern systems has Web access without any special tool needed. Looking forward to have it in SCCM

• Garry Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need of the time! It will allow an admin to access the portal from a mobile device and be productive from anywhere. Resonates with Microsoft Modern Management story.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. Don't know why this hasn't been done sooner. The world is moving towards browser based access.

• Pushpal Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of today's front end GUI is HTML5/or compatible (& lightweight) at the least. Why ConfigMgr left alone....great feedback. Look forward to seeing this change!

• Ben Morris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great as a deployable role so as to further manage performance aspects of hosting a web console.

• Quentin Gerlach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to be implemented -- even other System Center products have a web portal, why doesn't SCCM???

• Piotr Wasiak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is good idea, but only if as alternative one. Old fashion console is still the one and only with slow connections.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if there was a web(html) console available. Then you could even deploy it through the Azure AD Application Proxy(WIA for SSO) service so you could manage the SCCM environment through web from a external endpoint securely. With securely I mean conditional access and MFA could be added through Azure AD.

Feedback and Knowledge Base