Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Improve and Automate the Content Cleanup Tool

The original UV item for the content cleanup tool was closed when 1702 was released. However, that item has several suggestions for improvement that were not implemented:

Handle in-process or failed content. This can quickly become a catch-22 where content is failing because a lack of disk space. In process I understand, but if content failed then an option to force it anyways and remove any content not tied to a valid package.

Support cleanup of the site server's content library.

Minimize the rights needed to run the tool. Currently, the tool requires 'Full Administrator' which seems overkill. Why would it need to create apps/packages/drivers/reports and things like that? I'm hesitant to automate a process that needs to run with permissions that give full access to a tool with root access to every device in my organization.

Most importantly, please add this to the scheduled validation of DP content with the ability to track success.

Lastly, can we just solve whatever the underlying issue that orphans content? This has been a known issue since the 2012 release.

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
bdam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Calum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also no votes left but fully agree! It would also be great to have the ability to run this on DPs in untrusted forests.

• Paul Faulkner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree, sadly I've run out of votes or I would vote for this. I can't believe it's got so few votes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base