Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

In ADRs I would like more options when scheduling a deployment

I would like to be able to say that I would like the deployment of the third Thursday of every month. I would also like to have deployments made as available not just required.

50 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also think that this is an important feature that is missing today. Let's say we want to run an ADR and then deploy the created SUG to different rings of servers, like wave #1=Dev, wave #2=Pilot, wave #3=Infra, wave #4=Prod, etc..

Currently the deployment properties in ADR only allow to set deadlines to specific offsets of hours/days since ADR completion time. This allows us to deploy the SUG to different rings in concrete intervals of time between the rings, but not on concrete dates or days.

It would be useful if ADR properties would allow to automatically create deployment schedule times like "2-nd Sunday after ADR has run", or like "the 20-th day of the month after ADR has run" and so on and allow different types of schedule in single ADR. Currently it is not possible to achieve this mode of operation because some months are shorter then others.

• Tuomo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be just awesome, if you could configure your ADR deadline to be a certain date/time of month, instead of calculating hours AFTER the ADR has been run.. just if you could configure it so that that the deadline "Every month on day X at xx:xx"

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When creating an ADR you need to specify a Deployment Schedule. I would love see the abbility to select a Custom Schedule.

Situation: We run the ADR on Patch Tuesday. We deploy to first ring (ACC) on the friday after Patch Tuesday. The a Second ring (PRD) should be schedueled on the friday after that.

Now I have to play with the Deployment Available and Deadline time in hours to set it on the date and time we want. It would be awesome if we can select a Custom Schedule to the deployment schedule.

Feedback and Knowledge Base