Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

SCCM Console, save your prefered defaults.

Can be frustrating, SCCM console, keeps resetting to default, every time you exit. The odd occasion it will retain settings. IE: folder options, and settings. Would be nice if we could save these to a personal default, so it retains settings.

95 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Shaf shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Pascal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having upgraded easily the last 6-8 versions of SCCM CB, I find it VERY annoying that each time my customized layout with columns is getting reset with every console upgrade. It would be great if all user settings on the console would be retained during an upgrade to avoid having to go thru the same customization steps.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Automatically save columns and width layouts in the console.
    Whenever a new software update group is created via an automatic deployment rule, my preferred columns are not there. It is a pain to have to re-add them and put them in the correct order.

• Bill Gates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. There should be a way to save the default dashboard view on picked colums. It is a pain to re-add them every time you re-login to the console. I like by default to be able to see things like operating system and operating system build etc. after I login.

• Peter S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me I don't even need to close the console - it resets itself just by disconnecting RDP session where the console runs.

• Marek Belan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was be nice when I close console and open it in the same state.
    Saving selected columns and great apply columns to all nodes(WSUS console has it).

Now I open console and always must selecting collumns and opening deployment etc etc ...

• Michael W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. None of my column selections stay after exiting the console either, so even having that stay would be great. I have to re-add OS and Activity in collections, and Date Released or Superseded in Software Updates and such. Gets frustrating.

• Dustin Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Collections, especially Computer Collections, aggregate differing types of devices, its a common complaint on my team that selecting columns when viewing a specific group doesn't persist to a specific Collection. For example, we have a Collection for onboarding to Windows Defender ATP, and when selecting a Column for Onboarding State, the column then shows up when viewing a Computer Collection that contains iOS Devices, and a different set of columns then has to be selected to view, for example, IMEI. It would be great if Column selection would "stick" with the collection it was selected for, in the form perhaps of a local user preference, so that when viewing a collection you have quick and easy access to relevant columns for that collection

• U2 Pas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In views i.e. Content Status the columns should keep last size setting and options like "Size All Columns to Fit" should be kept.

Feedback and Knowledge Base