Allow customizable Software Center notifications for upgrade task sequences
For Windows servicing and in-place upgrade task sequences, grant the ability to customize all fields of the popup. With 1610 custom messaging was added, but it only applies to one field. Suggestions are as follows:
For the first one:
• Messaging is unclear as it says "Critical software maintenance must be completed on your computer after…" when in fact it needs to be done before or by the date highlighted.
• We were originally going to recommend rephrasing that but instead would ask to make all fields customizable inside of SCCM to tailor messaging to the organization's end users. This would reduce calls to the helpdesk.
For the second "Confirm that you want to install a new operating system on your computer":
• The phrase "…All the existing data on your computer will be removed" isn't accurate for upgrade task sequences.
• The ability to add an estimated time into this based on what IT has been tracking could prevent uncertainty for the end user
• Grant the ability to customize all of the fields to mitigate this as more clear messaging will reduce calls to the helpdesk.
On top of this, we request that a countdown notification occur when the mandatory time arrives as right now the task sequence just runs and the user does not have the chance to save any work. This already functions for security updates.
Most of the asks here have been completed.
These two smaller UV items remain. Please use your freed up votes to help us prioritize:
Customize “critical software” text:
Allow branding for all
software center / end user dialogs: https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/18984631-software-center-custom-notification
Good idea. Have an up vote.
Give Task Sequence deployments options for Software Center User Notifications like those available for other Feature Types. We would like the ability to set the user notification experience on the task sequence deployment like that on an application deployment. Either Display in Software Center and show all notifications, Display in Software Center, and only show notification for computer restarts, or Hide in Software Center and all notifications.