Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Run Scripts: Need ability to schedule execution

Since version 1707 it's now possible to run Powershell scripts for a collection, but these scripts cannot be scheduled. It would be of real value if these Powershell scripts could be scheduled.

74 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if you could schedule the Run script feature against a collection. I a similar fashion as SCOM maintenance mode. For example that would allow me to prepare machines before the maintenance window starts.

• Gary Blok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful. Would like to schedule a script to run at a specific time to not impact users. Yes, I know I can schedule a package, however there are times when a Script will run on a client and a package will not, example, in the middle of a TS running, script will still run (Which can be used to remediate a stuck TS) where a package won't run because the machine's client is "hung" by a TS. Scripts has become my main way to remediate several issues on clients, scheduling and having an option for a retry count (Wait 60 minutes, and try again, for up to 24 hours, or something like that) would be super awesome.

• Marc-André Chartrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a division in Australia that is never working within the same time frame as us, when we leave the office they start working 1h later. Scheduling execution of scripts is a must for this division.

• Florre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First of all - great Feature! Thanks for that!

Additional, a Schedule would be cool to run the Script on the Computers which are offline at the time of Script "deployment". Apart of this we have to run the script again and again to get the script running on as much Devices as possible. It would ba also helpful to expire the Script.

• Drew Yeskatalas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My team and I would love to see a way to automate the "Run Scripts" on a schedule, as well as have the Script Status be accessed by a report. this would provide a level of accountability and an audit trail that we would use for various internal and external compliance checks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base