Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Allow option to select AND/OR for searches of same criteria type including in ADR's too

Currently when selecting criteria multiple times of the same type (such as title) allow the OR to be selectable as "OR" or "AND". This would make ADR's more powerful as well, to which ADR's incorrectly state OR when an AND is in fact being used currently.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Karl Gilbert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Roth, Chase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This original description should also be expanded to understand additional logic and grouping. Beyond just selecting AND/OR we should be able to basically use parenthesis just like you would/could in a SQL statement. My simple example is from the Software Updates.

If (Vendor == Microsoft and Update Classification == 'Security Updates') OR (Vendor == Oracle AND Update Classification == 'Update'). This type of granular logic is not available and sorely needed.

Using the criteria the way it is today in SCCM I would end up with If (Vendor == Microsoft OR Vendor == Oracle) AND (Update Classification == Update OR Update Classification == 'Security Updates'). This is not what is intended as I would end up with All updates from EITHER Microsoft or Oracle that are EITHER 'Security Updates' or 'Updates'.

Feedback and Knowledge Base