Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Add a column to device collections not only for Operating System but build/releaseid

Is it possible to add a column to device collections for OS build / release id (i.e. Windows 10 1703 or Windows 10 15063.xxxx) to easily identify the installed Windows 10 version. The column Operating System is sometimes not quite enough information. Thanks!

59 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dietmar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ASM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The information e.g. 1709, 1802 ... aka from "winver" (Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ReleaseId)
    would make it more comfortable and easy to manage the servicing, for the OS detailed number everbody needs to lookup

• GT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be great if we can also use this field for Add Criteria, so we can filter

• Steve Arnold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With Windows as a service, it is more important to have (Windows 10 nnnnn.xxxx) information readily available and up to date. Also a method to kick off a refresh of this specific info would be helpful. Sometimes it seems that I have better information on Update/version from other programs (i.e. McAfee EPO) is more current.

• ASM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This information would help to steer the WaaS, Servicing and control the rollout, helps also in application management to focus on windows releases and application compatibility.

• Marco Cibis (MS) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding the Relase ID from Windows (e.g. 1709 etc) in the per design inventory would help a lot to identify these ressources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base