Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Create an SCCM Community Catalog Feature

Creating SCCM Collection Queries is an art, and like most art, some of us are more suited to stick-figures while others produce beautiful creations worthy of a place in the Louvre, featuring graceful sub-queries, artful tabbing and good code practices.

When creating a collection, it would be helpful to have an optional 'Community Collection Catalogue' to choose from, which could have a user-voice style 'Most useful' collections list.

Users could create collections here, possibly even having a community 'wish-list' area for those without skills to request from those who would like to share.

Contributions in the community catalog could be counted for MVP or other recognition, possibly displaying badges. Gamification elements could be added, including Facebook or Twitter links to individual contributions.

147 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stephen Owen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Greg Isett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make these items are accessable in offline mode. There are some sites not directly connected to the Internet. Make sure there’s a way to download entries from this community and then import them into a SCCM server not on the Internet.

• bdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would think there's other opportunities for this kind of thing beyond collections. Task Sequences come to mind. I mean, as much as I love trolling Neihaus's Twitter feed to figure out how to make Win 10 enterprise ready I'd rather crowd source.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also good to add PowerShell scripts to leverage SCCM to this idea!

• Joshua Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be some sort of store/catalog where the community can publish configuration details, and scripts related to compliance settings (Configuration Items and Baselines, as well as the new feature to run a script on-demand) for sale or for free. Ratings and comments should be allowed.

It should be directly integrated into the Assets and Compliance\Compliance Settings node as an option to "Import from the Configuration Manager Store".

Each published item would contain a "more information" link so the publisher could link back to their site ensuring they don't lose any website traffic.

This would provide a central place dedicated to Configuration Manager where the community can earn money for their efforts, and Microsoft could take a percentage of sales to maintain the marketplace.

• Ari Saastamoinen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see "Top (n) Configuration Items" of world wide SCCM installs made avalable to other users for reviewing and downloading.

Top (n) CI's could be rated by MS SCCM Telemetry, by other users and so forth. From the top list of CI's admins could then download either MS approved ready CI's or mockups of good methods and practices to be used in their CI's.

Target would be to easilly recieve top 5-10 CI's that enterprises now use to check BitLocker status, Client Cache sizes/states etc.

Posted by @arisaastamoinen

• Ronni Pedersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ConfigMgr has 473 default reports (if I remember correct), but many customers are still spending a lot of time creating custom reports.

In outlook (Office 365) we have this great "Store" feature where we can access all kind of great plugins. Linked-In etc.

Wouldn’t it be great to have a similar feature in the SCCM reports node, where you can download/buy reports created by partners or from maybe even free reports from the community?

"in-app purchase"…

Feedback and Knowledge Base