Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Task Sequence - View Only option

Add Option to View TS, instead of "edit". Often times I just want to look at a TS for reference, and not edit it. Just safe guarding the TS from my accidental clicks.

250 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gary Blok shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In TP 1902, Actually, the double click "Open" the Task Sequence in read only, not in edit mode

• David Stagg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. Could we include a "Properties" button added to the top-right buttons on the Edit Task Sequence window?

• Steven hosking commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

99% of the time when we look at Task sequences we are wanting to edit the steps, not properties. can the default double click on a task sequence be changed from opening the Properties tab to open the Edit Steps page?

• Chris Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, also useful when just checking stuff and not wanting to lock other users out.

Would also like to see Open as Read Only as the default double-click option (rather than opening Properties).

• Gary Blok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Other Comments From Twitter:
        "I'd Love an external viewer or even a new report view that mimics the console viewer" -
        "View only should probably include the ability to copy steps from the TS"

• Gary Blok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make Double clicking the TS default to Read Only. Have Read Only the top option, then Edit below it on the context menu.

Feedback and Knowledge Base