Increase results displayed or enable a filter window for criterion selection when creating a query for collection membership.
Currently when creating a collection based on installed software or software version there is a limit to the returned results based on criterion. If the item you are looking for is far enough down the list, you can't see it to select it. Adding additional rows to display on the return or a filter window would be greatly beneficial
I believe my thoughts are along the same lines as this request, so I'll add my vote here.
In the Query statements, In Criterion Properties, the value button
1. don't truncate by default, make the manual registry key the setting to truncate if you for some reason want to. Currently, you need to add a registry key manually to allow you to see the entire list of values or it truncates at 2000 items. Alternately, just have a button in the prompt about truncation that will add the value for you. (OR as James said, have a search/filter option)
2. organise the Values in some sort of order ( alphabetical would be my preference) Currently it appears to be totally random.
For Example - It currently appears as DOMAIN\group name for AD groups.
but the groups appear something as per the list below (making it near impossible to locate a group you need to find - currently, I go to the DC, locate the group, copy the name, go back to the collection and paste it in.)
There are other posts here in UserVoice, requesting improvements to the query process that may also be looked at if this one is. Might be able to resolve several posts with any changes made in this area.
- A better editor for collection query statements
- Easier access to collection query editing
- Make it simpler to author collection query rules