Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Add Windows 10 Build Subversion "UBR" collection to the default HINV classes

The UBR registry key is responsible for displaying the subversion of a Windows 10 build to the end-user. For example 14393.*** where *** is the UBR string. If this is added to the HINV list of default classes this will allow for administrators to retrieve this information!

This is located in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

UBR REG_DWORD

This will help administrators differentiate what intermediate builds of Windows 10 they have install and also support patch management because they can easily compare the released patches to the subversion build each month.

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Steven shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

doesn't work in 1807, I had to create a custom MOF file that creates a WMI class from that regkey

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do you get this data? For operating system build, it just says 10.0.14393.
    If I check the full operating system build right clicking on the collection, it's blank.
    Help?

• Henko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was very excited about this, but sadly it doesn't work on Windows 10 LTSB 2016 builds, where it only returns 10.0.14393. On Windows 10 1709 builds, it does work and returns: 10.0.16299.334

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not returning same information for Windows Server 2016, but that OS was not in this request above; for that reason I have made a new request for that Operating System. :) I can confirm this is working for Windows 10.

Please vote up the new request if you would like to see this in WS 2016 as well.

https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/33832303-add-windows-build-subversion-buildext-collection

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those curious to the implementation as I can see so far. This is available as a column that you may want to add in the console in devices/device collections. The column is called "Operating System Build" Finally, you will also see this on a device properties called "Full Operating System Build"

This data is pulled from System Resource:
    select * from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.BuildExt = "10.0.16299.309"

• Russ Rimmerman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Windows Update Agent version doesn't correlate to the UBR value. For example I just installed the March 2018 updates and my UBR is 309, but my WUA version shows 10.0.16299.248. I totally agree adding UBR to the default would be very worth it so we don't have to extend the MOFs!

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just realized that you can find this Build/Version number in the Hardware Inventory - listed under Windows Update Agent Version. If this could be added as a column we could add to a collection view - it would be amazing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base