Peer Cache feature not working with Workgroup Machines
- We have tested Peer Cache settings on Domain Joined machines which works well but when testing on Workgroup machines, it doesn't work and gives the error as below:
Detected a workgroup client or a client on internet. Superpeer agent won't start
Please find the documentation as below:
Requirements and considerations for Peer Cache
• Peer Cache is supported on any Windows OS that is supported as Configuration Manager client. Non-Windows operating systems are not supported for Peer Cache.
• Clients can only transfer content from Peer Cache clients that are in their current boundary group.
• Each site where clients use Peer Cache must be configured with a Network Access Account. The account is used by the Peer Cache source computer to authenticate download requests from peers, and requires only domain user permissions for this purpose.
• Because the current boundary of a Peer Cache content source is determined by that client's last hardware inventory submission, a client that roams to a network location and is in a different boundary group might still be considered a member of its former boundary group for the purposes of Peer Cache. This can result in a client being offered a Peer Cache content source that is not in its immediate network location. We recommend excluding clients that are prone to this configuration from participating as a Peer Cache source.