Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Add Ability to Remediate Existential Registry Setting Compliance Items

Currently you cannot auto-remediate a registry compliance item with an existential rule. I should be able to select an option to auto-remediate to have a setting removed much like you can to set a value.

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark Godfrey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, please add this feature so we can delete unwanted registry keys

• bdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Related, allow remediation if and only if a key/value exists. I'm using a CI to configure Office Channel because we see clients where the GPO doesn't seem to work. In this use case I just want to make sure the value is set to a particular string if it exists. I don't want it creating that value where Office 365 isn't installed nor do I want it to install Office 365 where it's not installed.

• Francois Lacombe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It blows my mind that you can easily use built in functionality to auto remediate registry keys to add/modify them, however if you want to remove the added keys, you must use a script instead of simply using remediate with the "must not exist" option.

Please Microsoft, when adding features to do something, also include a way to remove something.

• Stephen Owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you can create an item with Compliance Items, you should be able to delete it to. This is basic CRUD stuff so let's make it happen

• Jim Hartig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Compliance Item's should be able to auto-remediate other objects as well (AD, Assembly, File System, IIS) for existential rule settings that must not exist on the client.

Feedback and Knowledge Base