Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Add Ability to Remediate Existential Registry Setting Compliance Items

Currently you cannot auto-remediate a registry compliance item with an existential rule. I should be able to select an option to auto-remediate to have a setting removed much like you can to set a value.

129 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mark Godfrey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Calum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No votes to add to this but I 100% agree. Functionality to remove items with a CI where they can be added by a CI, as well as remediate only if the item exists, would be a huge help.

• Brent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ran into another need for this today. Please add this functionality especially for registry keys as it should not be difficult one would think.

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, please add this feature so we can delete unwanted registry keys

• bdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Related, allow remediation if and only if a key/value exists. I'm using a CI to configure Office Channel because we see clients where the GPO doesn't seem to work. In this use case I just want to make sure the value is set to a particular string if it exists. I don't want it creating that value where Office 365 isn't installed nor do I want it to install Office 365 where it's not installed.

• Francois Lacombe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It blows my mind that you can easily use built in functionality to auto remediate registry keys to add/modify them, however if you want to remove the added keys, you must use a script instead of simply using remediate with the "must not exist" option.

Please Microsoft, when adding features to do something, also include a way to remove something.

• Stephen Owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you can create an item with Compliance Items, you should be able to delete it to. This is basic CRUD stuff so let's make it happen

• Jim Hartig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Compliance Item's should be able to auto-remediate other objects as well (AD, Assembly, File System, IIS) for existential rule settings that must not exist on the client.

Feedback and Knowledge Base