Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Better default Products/Languages selections when adding a new SUP

Please provide more meaningful default products/language selections when you add a new SUP.

Now there are selected by default products that are not supported by Microsoft/ConfigMgr (e.g. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Office 2002/XP).

Personally, there shouldn't be any products selected if you cannot provide the current (= at the time when ConfigMgr CB version was releeased) metadata information.

I don't know if there is ANY customer in the world, who would like to have all the languages that are selected by default. Only English should be selected as default.

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Panu Saukko shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael Kenntenich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The available products can Change often. For a while now it is a best practice to do the first sync without any product, classification, or language selected. Only after that you would see the actucal products, classifications and so on. So instead of having some set of options pre-selected I would vote for having NOTHING selected by default.

• David Stein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe an option for language would be to query the host OS setting to determine the default language selection, but I agree, it should be one selection by default.

Feedback and Knowledge Base