Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Multi Tenant support for Microsoft cloud services integrated with ConfigMgr

We hear this request a lot, so I'm adding it here.
ConfigMgr integrates with many Microsoft Cloud Services:
* WUFB
* WSFB
* Windows Upgrade Analytics
* OMS
* etc
For each of the above services, sometimes a company may have multiple tenants. Please allow ConfigMgr to manage multiple tenants for each of these services.

488 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Admindjam (Admin, System Center Configuration Manager) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stefan Kaaberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If co-managemet is the path to Modern Management for sccm customers. If you are a customer with multiple tenants. Who can only enable co-management for 20% of the clients. Why move to co-management at all?

This is also a larger discussion wich involves more teams. Intune and Azure. Azure AD connect is also limited regarding device registration (Windows 10) due to Forest SCP object. Wich is also single tenant.

• Stefan Kaaberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please lookin to this. Several customers can´t use co-management today because of single tenant limitiations. If i co-manage my clients and my company aquires another business unit.
        Who already has a tenant. Are we supposed to co-manage 50 % of the clients? Or if a company has several tenants are we supposed to co-manage 20% of the clients. We should be able to co-manage all clients regardless of number of tenants etc

• Nick Aquino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Setting up upgrade readiness with our CSP, now user can't add their tenant to co manage

• Peter Verwolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need multi tenant support if we want to use Co-Management for our customers. The hybrid setup is not possible for us at the moment.

• Kenneth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. multiple Intunes tenant support in SCCM is vital.
        IF micrsoft expect sccm to be around much longer.

• Blake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multi-Tenant support is critical for MSPs. Our clients are expecting new technology to transform their business. In their journey from on-prem to hybrid, a smooth transition is important.

• Dr. Praveen Talwar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed, the Co-Management feature not having Multi Tenancy support and work alongside multiple Intune subscriptions is proving to be a bottle-neck at some of our client sites. Organisations that have multiple partner companies; but want to have convergence when it comes to cloud delivered services.

• Panu Saukko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As IT service provider, you want to co-manage clients from multiple Intune tenants using one ConfigMgr hierarchy. It is just too expensive to implement a separate ConfigMgr site for each Intune customer you are managing.

• Steve Beaumont commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add co-management itself to this list. At present you can only configure the Co-Mgmgt & auto-enrolment piece with a single Intune tenant (I assume pulled at sign-in during feature setup?).

• René Kierstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could add a requirement to be able to share Configmgr objects between tenants like: Applications, packages, os Images, global conditions, driver packages, base lines, custom reports etc.
        in this way ISP could save a lot of work, being able to re-use objects.

We have a setup like this where we have a "master site" from where we can migrate objects to tenants, using powershell and the build in migration engine.

• Julie A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since Upgrade Readiness only can evaluate against one version of Windows, it would be important to connect to multiple Upgrade Readiness tenants as many large enterprises will have more than one version of Win10 in deployment rings at a given point of time

• Steve Beaumont commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that we also have the co-management feature it would be even more beneficial to have Multi Tenancy support alongside multiple Intune subscriptions.

• Peter Egerton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm interested in multiple OMS connectors in particular. An OMS agent on it's own can connect to more than one workspace, it would be nice to have that same option through SCCM. Again this would be for a multi-tenant/managed services type scenario.

• Wesley Droogenbroot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We manage a multi-tenant environment in our own public datacenter. Customers with a smaller amount of clients/computers are given a seperate intune subscription, which we manage too. Classic IBCM could work too, but mobile devices are out of the picture then.

If we could add those subscriptions in our SCCM environment, the management would be a lot easier.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base