Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

I would like OSD standalone media that allows access to the SMP on the network. I guess this would be more of a hybrid media.

I basically want to be able to create standalone OSD media that allows me to backup/restore users files and settings to our State Migration Point. The standalone media now only allows for the hard link option when using USMT. If there was a way possible to maybe create some kind of USMT wizard in the task sequence on the standalone media that would allow me to move the users files and settings to a USB drive or SMP that would be really useful.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • bdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A slight revision to this that also might be useful: Offline while in WinPE only. Imaging over wireless isn't supported and even if it was I'm not sure we would want to do so for congestion purposes. So having an option where everything occurs offline while in WinPE (where we won't have wireless connection) and then flipping to online once in the full OS (where we now have wireless) would be pretty shiny.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This Task Type is no different from any other task except the media is offline, on a USB. The available Tasks and running Tasks still need to talk to SCCM and are essentially the same, ONLY media is offline. Call this a "Thin Task" but one where no changes to a valid TS is required EXCEPT to "make media available offline" for that specific task. Connecting would only show tasks that have the removable media option available, which could be used for slow WAN, branch offices, etc but would allow running the same Tasks used for all other PC's...

Feedback and Knowledge Base