Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

ADR New Search Criteria, Deployed = yes/no

I propose a new search criteria for ADR, to avoid multiple deployments for a single update. This is a pain to clean up afterwards.

127 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Peter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eric Benda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The first time I looked at ADRs I looked for this filter first. Still stumped as to why its not there.

• Bob Solimine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this 1000%! I have difficulty deploying updates without re-deploying older updates. I find I either re-deploy older updates extending the previous deadline or I miss new updates. I can't seem to get the filters right. Being able to simply filter for undeployed updates would make this so much simpler.

• bdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! Microsoft's 'best' practice which is widely used is to run ADRs monthly and create a new SUG. There's no way to filter out just the updates released since the last time the ADR ran. 'One month' simply subtracts from the date's month value causing it to miss updates. For example. Patch Tuesday was on the 14th in November 2017 so 'one month' would miss updates release between the previous Patch Tuesday (October 10) and October 14h.

Feedback and Knowledge Base