Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

allow custom message pop-up's for application model

now that we can kill applications with the app model, can we implement displaying custom messages\pop-up windows before the application install action, this pop-up would ask to either continue, cancel(defer the deployment), or continue on timeout. its just such a pain to wrap an application in a powershell script to achieve this. thank you.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jor El shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DailyLlama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wish I could give this more votes. I regularly need to update in house software that has hooks in Excel. It requires the users to close Excel or the install will fail, so I'd like to pop up a message to say "Please save and close all your Excel workbooks so we can update some software". It would also be useful before Office Updates are applied too...

• Jor El commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so let me explain it further. so that pop-up message currently is generic and only makes mention "the required changes will be applied blah blah". I would like the ability to put a custom message in the dialog box for different deployments, like if I am pushing out Java, I want some text in the dialog box to say, "we are pushing Java to your machine this will kill your browsers blah blah". does this make more sense?
    as a side note, if we are pushing out updates, the "view details" link takes us to the installation status tab in software center, can we have it go to the updates tab instead?
    thank you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base