Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Software Center "Sort by" default view

Change default "sort by" order from "Most recent" to Alphabetic list (Application name A-Z). Or remember the setting for the client. Or allow a SysAdmin setting for site-wide default setting. It always resets back to Most recent.

260 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark Rabe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Noted  · 

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Max Baldt (MSFT) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if we could configure the default view at sw center startup. Which sort by value, which view (list view, multi-select or tile view) and maybe even which tab should be opened at default. Let us manage all that via a client setting.

• Billy Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree the default option is the least user friendly and A-Z would be a better default by far. To a given user of a larger catalog recency really just means "random" order.

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability for the admin to set the default sort and view modes in Software Center by extending the customization capabilities added in 1802. I would prefer my users default into a list mode sorted by A-Z but since everyone has a different preference it makes sense to all the default be set in the client settings policy.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to sort by list view and A-Z set centrally. Until then, this will only add confusion for the users.

• Tim Sisson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd rather have it sorted Least Recent! When a new application appears as Available to all users in Software Center a lot of them install it just because they can, even if they don't need it. This is not a problem until Micro$oft True-Up Time comes around ... aaaaaand now it all makes sense!

• JS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to control the default view and force it to list view and order by A-Z.

• Lee Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of my icons are too small and make the tile view look horrible. I'd like to be able to control the default view and force it to list view and order by A-Z. Maybe something that can be set in a config file or GPO

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see no point in deploying the new client while the default sort is "Most Recent" and any changes are lost upon reopening Software Center. Alphabetical sort is something everyone intuitively understands! Making Most Recent the default adds an unnecessary level of complication when teaching users to use Software Center. The fact that we can't deploy settings to specify default sorting makes it entirely useless.

• Mario commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be nice to be able to sort on the different fields in the new ClientUX.

• Aaron Flaugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be nice to be able sort on the different fields while updating, especially install "Status".

Feedback and Knowledge Base