Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Boundary Group - Link a Site System Server and choose the role you want to use

When you have a Site System Server with both Management Point and Distribution Point roles and you want to link it to a boundary group, it would be great/usefull to select the role you want to link.
For example, in our environment, we have 2 servers. 1 with MP/SUP/DP for Wan access, 1 with only DP for LAN (Customers office) access. If I want that all Customers Offices workstations connect to MP, I must add both server to boundary group and the result is that Office's workstations will have the possibility to select both DP (using the WAN link). I currently use the Slow Connection option but it can be dangerous.

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Olivier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paul Wetter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is needed for servers with shared roles and the new abilities to mold these roles. I also have had to inflate the number of servers to accommodate.

• Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is badly needed. With SCCM 1702, I have to artificially increase my server footprint to keep clients from hitting the DP which also hosts my SUP. It's either that, or configure fallback and have to wait until the fallback time threshholds for no reason.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great. I would need it to separate DP and MP roles on secondary site which has multiple DPs in many sites/locations.

Feedback and Knowledge Base