Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

SCCM module cmdlet creation for folders

The ConfigurationManager module does not have any *-folder cmdlets.

I would like to see some created that allow for more folder manipulation within system centre configuration manager, for example Get-CMFolder -Name "Test" would provide me with the Folder ID, Name, Heirarchical Location in ConfigMgr and more!

As well as New-CMFolder, Move-CMFolder, Remove-CMFolder, etc!

I would also like to see the ability to add -Folder to other cmdlets, such as New-CMDeviceCollection -Name "Test" -Folder "TestFolder" so the collection called Test is made in the folder called TestFolder instead of the Device Collections root.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Random206 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Noted  · 

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Random206 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to use Get-CMApplication, Get-CMObject, Get-CMPackage, Get-CMCollection, etc. and be able to see the parent folder name, and the full location of the Object back to the top level such as Collections\ParentFolder\ChildFolder\CollectionName.

This is a big oversight from what I can see.

It makes it very hard to work with all objects in the current folder.

I would like to be able to perform a task such as getting all the applications in a particular folder within applications, or all collections in from a folder in the collections folder structure, and then being able to reiterate through them.

• Raphael Jülich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to tell the New-cmcollection in which folder the Collection should be created would help immensely! I have a little PS-GUI that creates Application, Collection, Deployment and so on automatically but I wasnt able to get the script to move things into the correct Folders! I will try what I can do with move-item but it would be better to put it into the Sccm Module...

Feedback and Knowledge Base