Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

SCCM module cmdlet creation for folders

The ConfigurationManager module does not have any *-folder cmdlets.

I would like to see some created that allow for more folder manipulation within system centre configuration manager, for example Get-CMFolder -Name "Test" would provide me with the Folder ID, Name, Heirarchical Location in ConfigMgr and more!

As well as New-CMFolder, Move-CMFolder, Remove-CMFolder, etc!

I would also like to see the ability to add -Folder to other cmdlets, such as New-CMDeviceCollection -Name "Test" -Folder "TestFolder" so the collection called Test is made in the folder called TestFolder instead of the Device Collections root.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Random206 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Noted  · 

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Random206 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to use Get-CMApplication, Get-CMObject, Get-CMPackage, Get-CMCollection, etc. and be able to see the parent folder name, and the full location of the Object back to the top level such as Collections\ParentFolder\ChildFolder\CollectionName.

This is a big oversight from what I can see.

It makes it very hard to work with all objects in the current folder.

I would like to be able to perform a task such as getting all the applications in a particular folder within applications, or all collections in from a folder in the collections folder structure, and then being able to reiterate through them.

• Raphael Jülich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to tell the New-cmcollection in which folder the Collection should be created would help immensely! I have a little PS-GUI that creates Application, Collection, Deployment and so on automatically but I wasnt able to get the script to move things into the correct Folders! I will try what I can do with move-item but it would be better to put it into the Sccm Module...

Feedback and Knowledge Base