Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Provide more easily found lists of status codes

Hey Microsoft,
Why is it so bloody difficult to find lists of things like, I don't know, Status Codes, Detailed Status or whatever you want to call it. You have all sorts of "codes" listed in different locations but nothing easily located to identify what each of those mean. I shouldn't have to waste a day Googling just to try and find an answer for something like "What is requested status of 105 mean?". It should just be there. COMPLETELY leaving alone having a completely different data header in SQL versus what you display via the console, how's about knocking off the intentionally trying to make things difficult and let us save some of our Premier hours just to find out it was something stupidly easily to deal with had we been able to interpret what your codes, statuses or whatever are saying. It seems they only make sense to the back-line engineers and developers. Most of the time your "Premier" level support doesn't know what it means.....
Just a thought as I go through trying to undo whatever your "Hotfix" for 1610 broke that was supposed to fix what the upgrade to 1610 broke. Forever recovering sites is not okay. Oh, oh, especially love the not putting the part about needing to disable site maintenance in the initial documentation you released with the KB. That was awesome and PROBABLY my trouble but since I can't read the stupid code.....

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John Hammond shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base