Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Software Center: Add option to set Primary Device/User

One of the last remaining features that is missing from the Application Catalog is the ability to configure UDA (Primary Device/User) from within Software Center.

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dustin Hedges shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Frank Curran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Move the 'I regularly use this computer to do my work option' from the Application Catalog to the Software Centre Options tab.

Expecting a standard end user to browse to Software Center > Installation Status > 'Open the Application Catalog web site' link > click on 'My Devices' tab then check the option is way too many steps. Plus the pesky fact that the website is incompatible with Windows Edge and they will need to change their default website to IE11 in Windows 10 first!

Let's just say the 'Allow User to define their Primary devices in Software Center' setting is pretty useless right now with the option buried away in the App Catalog website.

• swerner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We allow users to tag manually a machine as primary computer using the ‘Application Catalog – My Devices’ web page. Starting CM CB 1802 the CM client doesn’t install Silverlight anymore, so users cannot set the checkbox. As a workaround, we have now to deploy Silverlight as an application.
        Please migrate the Application Catalog features to Software Center.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back user self-service UDA for the Device within the Software Center. Was there in v2012, then went away in the v1602 release when the new Software Center skin was introduced.

Feedback and Knowledge Base