Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Keep previous version(s) of packages

Everyone has had the issue where a package isn't available during OSD. If we had a setting that enabled us to keep a copy of the previous versions this could eliminate that issue. I think it should be a setting with the number of previous versions that you want by default. And if there are scenarios where a package is updated frequently you should be able to override the setting on that package.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jay Connor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Todd Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like this to happen. There is no idea - in the interface - of a particular version. We are specifying only package/program. It would be nice if the package execution engine could gather the version number just prior to executing the package rather than at the start of the TS.
    In our organization I have to take all task sequences off line for a couple of hours if I would like to update any package used a task sequence. Either that or let them error out and expect staff will just try again. I am not sure why, when there is no way to specify a particular version of a package, that the version would matter to the TS. Just use the "current" version of the package rather than the version that was current at the moment the TS was initiated.

Feedback and Knowledge Base