Add filters to the cmdlet Get-CMSiteStatusMessage
The cmdlet Get-CMSiteStatusMessage needs additional filtering capabilities beyond the severity of the message such as the MessageID and the Component. In a large site the cmdlet returns way too many records and already exceeds the quota violations before you are able to filter the results using Where-Object. Similar like the´FilterHashTable parameter the Get-WinEvent cmdlet provides.
We are improving this cmdlet for 1702 in the following ways:
- Add FilterHashtable option like Get-WinEvent to add ad-hoc filtering
- Add wildcard support for all filter parameters
- Add array support for filter parameters
- StartDateTime no longer mandatory (will default to 24 hours)
- Add native ability to filter on MessageId, Module, and Component
- ComputerName no longer requires successful DNS resolution for the specified name
These changes should be in the next technical preview. We hope you like them!